Skill Project is dedicated to building a comprehensive human skills multilingual database. Our role is to host the database and the tools to edit it, which can be found here. However, we act only as a hosting service, maintaining the infrastructure and organizational framework that allows our users to build the skills database by contributing and editing skills themselves. Because of our unique role, there are a couple of things you should be aware of when considering our relationship to you and the other users:
- We do not take an editorial role: Because the skills database is collaboratively edited, all of the content that we host is provided by users like yourself, and we do not take an editorial role. This means that we generally do not monitor or edit the content of the Skill Project website, and we do not take any responsibility for this content. Similarly, we do not endorse any opinions expressed via our services, and we do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any submitted community content. Instead, we simply provide access to the content that your fellow users have contributed and edited.
- You are responsible for your own actions: You are legally responsible for your edits and contributions on Skill Project, so for your own protection you should exercise caution and avoid contributing any content that may result in criminal or civil liability under any applicable laws. For clarity, applicable law includes at least the laws of France where Skill Project is currently hosted. Although we may not agree with such actions, we warn Editors and contributors that authorities may seek to apply other country laws to you, including local laws where you live or where you view or edit content. Skill Project generally cannot offer any protection, guarantee, immunity or indemnification.
Information We Collect
In order to edit the skills database, you will need to register for an account and provide the following information : user name (not necessarily your real name), your email address and password of your choice. Your IP address is also logged at registration time and every time you access Skill Project to prevent abuse.
The tracking methods we use helps us do things like:
- Provide you with a personalized experience, such as using cookies to know your language preference and to remember the user preferences you set.
- Understand how you use the Skill Project, so that we know what works and what is useful.
- Make Skill Project more convenient to use, such as by using cookies to maintain your session when you log in or to remember your username in the login field.
While the examples above concerning information about you collected through the use of data collection tools are kept confidential in accordance with this Policy, please note that some information about the actions taken by your username is made publicly available through public logs alongside actions taken by other users. For example, a public log may include the date your account was created on Skill Project along with the dates that other accounts were created on Skill Project. Information available through public logs will not include personal information about you.
We do not sell, rent, or use your email address to advertise third-party products or services to you.
We use your email address to let you know about things that are happening at Skill Project, such as telling you important information about your account, letting you know if something is changing about the Skill Project website or policy, and alerting you when there has been a change to a skill that you have decided to follow. Please note that if you email us, we may keep your message, email address, and any other information you provide us, so that we can process and respond to your request.
We will never ask for your password by email (but may send you a temporary password via email if you have requested a password reset). If you ever receive such an email, please let us know by sending it to email@example.com, so we can investigate the source of the email.
Refraining from Certain Activities
Skill Project only exist because of the vibrant community of users like you who collaborate to write, edit, and curate the content. We happily welcome your participation in this community. We encourage you to be civil and polite in your interactions with others in the community, to act in good faith, and to make edits and contributions aimed at furthering the accurateness of the skills database.
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful to other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Therefore, for your own protection and for that of other users, you may not engage in such activities on our sites. These activities include:
Harassing and Abusing Others
- Engaging in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism; and
- Transmitting chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other users.
Violating the Privacy of Others
- Infringing the privacy rights of others under the laws of France or other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content);
- Soliciting personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose not explicitly approved by Skill Project; and
- Soliciting personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 for an illegal purpose or violating any applicable law regarding the health or well-being of minors.
Engaging in False Statements, Impersonation, or Fraud
- Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation;
- With the intent to deceive, posting content that is false or inaccurate;
- Attempting to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with any individual or entity, or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive; and
- Engaging in fraud.
- Infringing copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law.
Misusing Our Services for Other Illegal Purposes
- Posting child pornography or any other content that violates applicable law concerning child pornography;
- Posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law; and
- Using the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law.
Engaging in Disruptive and Illegal Misuse of Facilities
- Posting or distributing content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other device that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our users;
- Engaging in automated uses of the site that are abusive or disruptive of the services and have not been approved by Skill Project;
- Disrupting the services by placing an undue burden on our website, network or servers;
- Disrupting the services by inundating the Skill Project website with communications or other traffic that suggests no serious intent to use the Skill Project website for its stated purpose;
- Knowingly accessing, tampering with, or using any of our non-public areas in our computer systems without authorization; and
- Probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any of our technical systems or networks unless all the following conditions are met:
- such actions do not unduly abuse or disrupt our technical systems or networks;
- such actions are not for personal gain (except for credit for your work);
- you report any vulnerabilities to Skill Project developers; and
- you do not undertake such actions with malicious or destructive intent.
We reserve the right to exercise our enforcement discretion with respect to the above terms.
You are responsible for safeguarding your own password and should never disclose it to any third party.
The trademarks, service marks and logos ("Marks") on the Skill Project website are owned by Skill Project, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.